Saturday, March 14, 2009

Assignment 5

Before I can even start on my poster, here comes another assignment! I guess my poster will have to wait first as I will need to present my fifth assignment during my upcoming tutorial. I would say that assignments are getting more and more interesting. From representing our own names to posters and now postcards! I am definitely looking forward to doing this assignment as I love postcards and I personally collect them too! :) 'A postcard is a rectangular piece of thick paper or thin cardboard intended for writing and mailing without an envelope and at a lower rate than a letter.' (wiki)
A postcard that represent my notion of colourful Asia, be it the cultural,
 political
 or 
social 
aspects
 of 
Asia. My targeted audience will be from all over the globe. This will definitely be a challenge.

The first thing I did was to take out my stack of postcards and look through them. I realised it wasn't easy to convey a message in an A6 size. The layout, colour as well as focus of the postcard will affect the way it looks and the message it is trying to convey.
I did some research online too and I found this image.
I think its really cool, see how the different colours give a different 'feel' to the various postcards.
Its interesting how colours can help to change perspectives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment