Sunday, March 15, 2009

Postcard Development

I thought of the various things that represent Asia and 'heritage' came to my mind. I love all the different landmarks from Asia (Merlion, Great Wall of China, Angkor Wat, Petronas Towers, Buddhist Temples etc) and being a tropical country (Singapore) with sunny weather throughout, I believe we all love the BEACH!
so I tried out some stuffs:added some colours:tried to give it a horizon:I decided to change the background to a rainbow as we usually able to see a rainbow after a rain in Asia. The colourful rainbow also gives a cheery 'feel' to the whole postcard!
After doing up my 'draft' in Illustrator, I transfer my work to photoshop and experiment with the different colours. I think its so fun trying to come up with the colour scheme!
I tried different adjustment layers using hue/saturation, colour balance etc. Its amazing what I can do with just a few clicks on the mouse!
Presenting my colour scheme:
I decided to have some fun and gave each of them a name (with some help from my bf too!)
I have suede, amber, summer, evening glow, calm, sunset, oceanus and autumn!
I kind of like the 'calm' one as it looks really clear and nice. However, I think the original one convey my message better of a colourful Asia.
Looking forward to class to see what the class and Jing has to say:)

No comments:

Post a Comment